This policy describes:
- what information we might collect about you
- how we might use that information
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we might share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services offered by Morin-Morzine Limited, and our operating company Floras SARL (in France).
More specifically, we provide accommodation and additional services associated with visiting and enjoying Morzine and the surrounding area.
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our offering is sometimes dependent on services run by other companies, such as ski hire, airport transfers etc. Those companies have their own privacy and cookie policies, which apply when you make use of their services.
How do you protect my personal information?
We are committed to keeping your information safe, and take all precautions to ensure it is not accessible to those who should not have access to it. However, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, please contact us straight away.
Where we store your information
We store your information on our internal systems and on third party platforms, depending on the service it is being used with.
Some companies that provide services to us may run their services from outside the European Economic Area, including MailChimp, WorldPay, Google Analytics, Purple Portal, Booking.com and some other booking sites. We only use these third parties if we are confident that they have suitable security and data protection measures in place. When you give us your personal information, we may use one or more of these third parties to transfer, store or process it in a location outside the EEA.
Information that you give us
If you are booking a holiday or room with us, we will ask for your name and contact details, date of birth and payment details in order to fulfil your booking and provide the services that you request from us. We may also ask for names and birth dates of the other individuals in your group, depending on the services you require.
If you send us an enquiry, we will ask for your name and contact details so that we can reply to you.
When you browse our website, we use Google Analytics to collect anonymous device information (including IP address, device ID, app ID and vendor ID) so that we can monitor traffic and how the website is used.
None of this information will be shared with any service, company or organisation not involved in providing the services that you request from us.
How long will Morin Morzine keep my personal information?
We only hold your information for as long as we need it in order to complete the activities you requested, or longer if we have a valid and legal reason to keep it.
You are free to unsubscribe from our information and marketing emails at any time, at which point your personal information will be deleted.
How can you use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information – a “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to our mailing list. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
- the law says it’s fine to use it, and
- it fits with the rights you have.
When will Morin Morzine use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, such as:
- to update you on any changes to Morin Morzine’s policies, practices and terms and conditions;
- to answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint;
- to invite you to take part in surveys about Morin-Morzine Limited services, which are always voluntary;
- for marketing purposes.
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you about our services and your views on issues relating to Morin if you have given us your permission to do so.
When does Morin Morzine share my personal information with others?
We will never sell your personal information.
However, we might share it with third party service providers in order to provide the services that you request:
- Our partner airport transfer companies require your name, telephone number, and some details of your group (adult/junior/child or infant requiring child or booster seat), which we will give them to ensure a smooth collection/return between your nominated airport and Morin.
What are my rights?
You are in control of your personal information. You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- not let robots make decisions about you;
- to ask us to correct information that is wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes;
- to change your mind, to ask us to stop using your information, to unsubscribe from our marketing emails.
- to monitor traffic on our website;
- to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful.
Third-party cookies might track how you use our site. You can turn them off, but not through us.
How long do cookies last?
Some are removed when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so that they are there when you come back.
How do I control my cookies and tracking?
When you first visit us, we’ll tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind by going to your settings. Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some of Morin Morzine’s services, or that some of them might not work properly for you. Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We will update this policy to reflect changes to our services and the laws relating to your personal information. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we’ll let you know – either by email or through the website.
If you don’t agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services and stop giving us any more personal information.
How can I contact the Morin Morzine?
For any other questions or comments about this policy:
Write to: The Old Casino, 28 Fourth Avenue, Hove, England, BN3 2PJ